The Rehabilim trust Inc was set up in 1982 to support the Late Colin McLennan MBE who helped found the disabled centre in Yogyakarta now known as Pusat Rehabilitasi Yakkum (abbreviated to PRY).
Following Colin's retirement from that centre the Trust switched its focus to supporting PRY.
Later the Rehabilim Trust Inc Trust also supported Yakkum Bali (now renamed Puspadi Ball) based in Denpasar, Bali.
More recently the Rehabilim Trust Inc has supported Yayasan Pembinaan Anak Cacat Malang (YPAC Malang).
Rehabilim Trust Inc can support these Indonesian charities in two different ways:
- General support by way of supplying funds for projects considered worthwhile
- The granting of a Colin McLennan Scholarship for an aspiring disable person who wishes to further their education or has an entrepreneurial desire to achieve success
The Rehabilim Trust Inc's mission statement is:
To assist in the rehabilitation of physically handicapped children and young adults IN ANY WAY which will eventually enable them to be independent, to work and become economically useful members of their families and communities
- Children have to come from the poorest of the poor families
- Be physically disabled
- Capable of being rehabilitated to become self sufficient
- Be under the age of 24 years of age
- Not receiving assistance from any other source
The Rehabilim Trust Inc is grateful for the significant support it receives from both The NZ Embassy in Jakarta and the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Wellington.
The Rehabilim Trust Board is Wellington (NZ) based and is a registered charity.